When was the last time you have treated yourself?
These Japanese soufflé pancakes are a great way to give yourself a little treat. I made them for one of my sisters because she wanted to treat herself (actually I treated her but…🤫)
I must admit that they take quite a long time but the result is worth it😇😊
makes about 6 pancakes
✨ 3 eggs
✨ 38g milk
✨ 38g sugar
✨ 53g flour
✨ 3g baking powder
✨ oil for the pan
1) separate the egg yolk and the egg white. Put the egg white into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
2) beat the egg yolks till they are frothy. Now add the flour and the baking powder.
3) take out the egg whites and beat them until stiff, while doing that lowly add in the sugar.
4) carefully add the beaten egg whites to the flour-egg-mix and stir it in (not too harsh).
5) heat up some oil in a pan and add in the batter. Once it rises up add another scoop of batter on the one in the pan.
6) add some water to a not used corner of the pan and put a lid on it. After a few minutes flip the pancake and wait till the other side is golden brown too.
it might sound complicated but with the time you will get a feeling for it. I promise😇
enjoy your Sunday. To me, Sunday means a relaxed day I spent with my family and do some self-care stuff😊 You also need that from time to time💗
If you love this recipe please like, share and save❣️